We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA748761.
Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, New Edge Engineering Limited trading as Beat The Exchange.
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulation.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files persisted on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- First name
- Email addesss
- Computer IP Address
- Subscription time & date
- Web cookies
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Send you a weekly report information that follows the Dogs Of The Dow strategy againest FTSE.
- To ensure emails do not end up in your spam folder.
- Accessing and browsing our website(s).
We use the information that you have given us in order to communicate to you, improve our service to you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us via email or the unsubscrbe link included in every email sent to you.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored with Mailchimp to be able to send out weekly reports.
We keep email address and first name for as long as you want to be subscribed to the weekly report. We will then dispose your information by permanently removing all of a contact’s personal information and anonymizes their data in the Mailchimp reports.
Your visit to this website pages are securely stored with Google Analytics to be able to improve our website.
Your IP address or device ID is securely stored with Vercel when you visit a website page as they host the web site.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR law, you can read more about your rights in details here, you have rights including:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information;
- the right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete;
- the right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- the right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances;
- the right to object - ou have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
The ICO’s address:Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template
- ICO SME Privacy notice template
Privacy Notice Policy Base: v.4.1 Dec 2018 - Made available without liability by Jamie King, Website management services.